Today the travel industry is soaring high on success and the saying; “the sky is the limit” is literally and metaphorically true with regard to the airline travel mode. A large number of airline companies have opened up and started functioning to cater to the demands of the huge population of travelers around the world.
These airline companies also need adequate number of staff to help them cater to the travelers and that is the reason why there is such a growing demand for flight pursers and air hostesses around the world. The importance given to the job of an air hostess has made the job more professional and given it the dignity that it lacked earlier.
The job of the air hostess includes providing sufficient care and attention on the traveler and ensuring the safety of the traveler during the course of the journey.
The job of the airhostess also includes making sure that the passengers aboard the aircraft are all safe in their seats and all the safety measures are followed by the passenger.
Providing food and water and materials for a comfortable journey is a part of the job of the airhostess.
In short the job of the airhostess combines providing care and making sure that the passengers have a safe journey
The following criteria must be fulfilled to be eligible for the job of an air hostess:
- You must be above 18 years of age but not more than 26 years.
- Your height on bare feet should be minimum 157 cms and your weight must be in proportion to your height.
- Your eyesight is important and the job demands that you should have clear and normal eyesight with no spectacles or lenses to be used. The uncorrected normal distant vision is 6/24 in each eye and this is a very important standard that must be adhered to.
- Complexion can range from fair to wheatish but not dark
- Another very important aspect that makes you eligible for the job of an air hostess is the marital status. You should be unmarried to be eligible for the job.